Wordpress Port Question

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 23:46:31 PST 2009

Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Greetings,
> I have a question regarding Wordpress and Wordpress-mu ports.   I want to
> install wordpress
> on my personal webserver (apache2, mysql, etc).   I have several virtual
> hosts all with
> legitimate individual domain names.  IE, www.mydomain.com,
> www.anotherdomain.com,
> www.yetanotherdomain.com.   Do I need to install Wordpress or Wordpress-mu
> on my server ?
>
> The server has a clean install of Freebsd7 on it.
>
> I googled for my answer, but the comparisons between the two did not make it
> clear.
>
> Thanks for any guidance,
>
> -Darryl

The other two respones suggesting referral and sessions are correct as
well as the warnings on each.  Referrals are notoriously inaccurate and
adding in sessions/cookie support retroactively can sometimes be a bit
of a challenge. Depends on how important it is to you, but I think most
people are satisfied with the vistors metric offered by a package like
Webalizer or google analytics, although they also have shortcomings.  If
you only need a ballpark figure, I'd go about it that way.