zfs raid and/or hardware raid..

Matias Surdi matiassurdi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 12:02:17 PST 2009

If your are just going to "play with it", the play as much as you want
with ZFS.

But, if you are going to setup something that will have to go on
production some day, at least at this moment i wouldn't recommend you ZFS.

I've used it for a backup server, and due to power failures in the
building, all the times the energy went out the pool got corrupted, the
las one was completely unrecoverable.I ended up using gconcat/gstripe
and so on, and despite a couple more power failures, just once I've had
to run fsck.Everything works (and "feels") much more solid now.

Just my opinion.