is there a portupgrade equiv of "portmanager -u -p -l"?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Feb 11 10:37:55 PST 2009

X-Of_Interest:  With 22 years  of service to the Unix community.

	well, people, i really screwed up my primary computer (running 7.0)
	thru have both kde3 and kde4 installed.  i tried unsuccessfully to clean out
	kde4 -- which i tried months ago.  but parts got messed up with other
	version-4 apps like qt4-*.  i'm rebuilding "tao" with portmanager -i -p -l
	which, according to my howto notes, will fix broken dependencies.  is theran
	analogue mix of flags for portupgrade that i can cron (say) every week?
	or is there a better means of keeping current...?

	i'm deciding to switch over to ubuntu for my desktop next summer  when i'll
	build a NEW (no mo' cheaping out),  GREEN, fast desktop.  then i'll swap
	over my Dell for my server.  DNS, mail, web, and FBSD 7.2  [or whatever].
	can't beat FBSD for stability.  until then i'd like the best means of
	keeping things current.  as auto-magically as possible with FBSD here.

	tia,

	gary

    The 2.23a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php