please remove all search results with name Constantin Stalzer

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Wed Feb 11 08:24:35 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 06:31:42PM -0800, Chris Knight wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Constantin Stalzer
> <constantinstalzer at web.de> wrote:
> > Hello, can you please remove all search results with the name "Constantin Stalzer" immediately, so that my name will not be seen on google.
> >  thanks in advance...pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeeee
> >
> > Thanks, Greeetz
>
> Dear Mr Stalzer,
>
>   I am sorry to inform you that the very act of sending an email to
> this list asking for the removal of your name from search results has,
> in fact, sent the original posting to the top of the Google rankings
> when searching for "Constantin Stalzer".
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Constantin+Stalzer%22&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=MLk&filter=0
>
>   At this point, the cat is out of the bag; as we say.  By sending an
> email to this list, your request was not only sent to thousands if
> individuals, but it was displayed on the pages of countless websites
> where the content of this mailing list is redisplayed for public
> access.  Those pages will also be indexed by Google over time, raising
> the Google-Awareness of your name to even higher levels.  It would not
> be absolutely impossible to reverse this process, but I fear it would
> take an actual act of the Gods.
>
>   Alas, I can offer no useful advice on how to remove "Constantin
> Stalzer" from the search results, and I would be shocked if anyone
> else could help either.  It is simply too late.  I am sorry.

A useful and helpful response.

If after making this type of helpful response, then you went on to comment
that trying to picture the process of trying to remove all references that
included the name is kind of a funny image, it would not be a dig at the
person and their lack of knowledge, but at the image of the impossible quest.

////jerry