xorg && 7-current && ( kde || nvidia driver ) == desktop crash

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Feb 9 17:31:42 PST 2009

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009, Glen Barber wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy at hub.org> wrote:
>>> Are you starting hald and dbus via rc.conf?
>>
>> Yes ... both mouse and keyboard have been working great ...
>>

> Well, that's good to hear. ;)
>
> Thought I'd as to be safe.

Ya, that was the easiest problems to search on google and get fixed :)

I'm going to try downgrading to xorg 7.3 ... I'm having headaches with
fonts (Location bar in firefox3 is unreadable, although all pages are fine
... mail messagesin mulberry are unreadable, although the message index is
*just* readable, etc) ... someone mentioned some changes in 7.4 concerning
fonts, and I figure, my luck, this might be something that is trickling
into other areas :(

  ----