ipv6 and freebsd

gahn ipfreak at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 14:53:34 PST 2009

Hi all:

Free questions with FreeBSD and IPV6. I am running 7.1.

1) My machine has multiple interfaces and some of interfaces I would like to run IP v6 but not all of them. How could I do that? Currently "ipv6_enable="YES" enables every interface of this machine, and "ipv6_network_interface="fxp0"" doesn't seem to do anything.
2) I have a router that is running IPv6 router-advertisement. How could I run autoconfiguration mode on the interface of my FreeBSD machine?

Thanks.