Intel Quad Port Bypass Adapter

Affan Basalamah affanzbasalamah at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 03:32:08 PST 2009

Hi all,

I just looked at Google and mailing list archive, but I still cannot
see satisfactory answer.

I would like to know if any of you has used Intel Quad Port Bypass
Adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000_quad_bypass_server_adapters.htm,
and I would like to use the card as bridging firewall with PF on
FreeBSD 7.1.

What I want to know is how do you configure this NIC :
- is it behave just like ordinary quad port card ? is there any
special configuration (ifconfig, sysctl) on the card ?
- is it okay if I just configure the card with if_bridge interface ?
- how do I configure the card to bypass the traffic if the bridging
firewall is put to shutdown ?

Pardon for my language,
Regards,

-affan