broken ports

David Collins davidcollins001 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 01:08:31 PST 2009

> I think the problem is that somebody has installed a compiler out of
> ports on your machine & it's associated libraries. See what cc -v
> says.

My cc is exactly the same as yours
viper:~$ cc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-undermydesk-freebsd
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD]

> It could be that it's invoking the system compiler (or not). Check:
>
> $ pkg_info | grep gcc

viper:~$ pkg_info | grep gcc
gcc-4.2.5_20080702  GNU Compiler Collection 4.2

This is different, does this mean that there is an alternate c
compiler on my system? If ithis is the case how can I fix this? I
don't know what I would have installed that would have required an
additional compiler?

> aswell. Also look at /etc/make.conf & see if there's anything about
> GCC_VERSION or something similar.

My make.conf doesn't have anything in it really

viper:~$ cat /etc/make.conf

PERL_VER=5.8.8
PERL_VERSION=5.8.8

WITHOUT_X11=yes