Xlib: extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0"

Da Rock rock_on_the_web at comcen.com.au
Wed Feb 4 06:10:01 PST 2009

Ok, I give up... wtf am I missing here? As per the Xorg upgrade disaster
discussion, I commented that this error IS causing issues; namely
mplayer, file-roller. After that I read nothing in reply.

I can now confirm this problem in several ways:
1) I just ran xine, mplayer, and file-roller and the error came up
causing all programs bar file-roller to crash.
2) New install of 7.1 on a desktop has the same problem. Tested with
xine and xine crashed.

Logs don't show anything, this error is just on screen (wierd?). Another
clarification to this is that it only happens in media players after
content is attempted to load.

Can someone clarify why? Also how do I kill this extension (I don't
think that ever came out- correct me if I'm wrong)?