Build/install failure in textproc/docbook-sk: catalog parsing error

Jason Morgan jwm-freebsd-questions at sentinelchicken.net
Mon Feb 2 18:05:31 PST 2009

Greetings,

I am having trouble installing xorg on a fairly clean machine. The
problem stems from a failed build/install of textproc/docbook-sk,
which seems to have been pulled in from HAL.

Does someone know if this is a known issue, or if it's possibly some
problem with my system specifically? Is there a work-around---I've
already tried to deinstall all ports and begin from scratch? Does a
default install of xorg, including HAL, really need docbook? Should I
submit a PR?

Details below:

$ uname -a
FreeBSD crichton.skepsi.net 7.1-STABLE FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE #3:
Sun Feb 1 21:24:47 EST 2009
root at crichton.skepsi.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CRICHTON i386

$ cd /usr/ports/textproc/docbook-sk
$ make install clean
===>  Installing for docbook-sk-4.1.2_4
===>   docbook-sk-4.1.2_4 depends on file: /usr/local/bin/xmlcatmgr -
found
===>   Generating temporary packing list
===>  Checking if textproc/docbook-sk already installed
xmlcatmgr: missing XML declaration; invalid document
xmlcatmgr: catalog does not look like an XML file; missing prolog
xmlcatmgr: errors while parsing catalog; aborting
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/docbook-sk.

Like I said, this is a fairly clean machine:

$ pkg_info
bash-3.2.48_1       The GNU Project's Bourne Again SHell
docbook-1.4         Meta-port for the different versions of the
DocBook DTD
docbook-4.1_3       V4.1 of the DocBook DTD, designed for technical
documentation
docbook-4.2         V4.2 of the DocBook DTD, designed for technical
documentation
docbook-4.3         DocBook/SGML DTD V4.3, designed for technical
documentation
docbook-4.4         DocBook/SGML DTD V4.4, designed for technical
documentation
docbook-4.5         DocBook/SGML DTD V4.5, designed for technical
documentation
docbook-xml-4.2_1   XML version of the DocBook DTD
docbook-xml-4.3     DocBook/XML DTD V4.3, designed for technical
documentation
docbook-xml-4.4     DocBook/XML DTD V4.4, designed for technical
documentation
docbook-xml-4.5     DocBook/XML DTD V4.5, designed for technical
documentation
gettext-0.17_1      GNU gettext package
libiconv-1.11_1     A character set conversion library
libtool-1.5.26      Generic shared library support script
portmaster-2.6      Manage your ports without external databases or
languages
unzip-5.52_5        List, test and extract compressed files in a ZIP
archive
xmlcatmgr-2.2       SGML and XML catalog manager

Thanks for your time.

--
~ Jason Morgan