Where do I find instructions on how to configure sane-epkowa

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 31 11:04:57 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 12:06:20AM +0100, Leslie Jensen wrote:

> my dll.conf:

Personally, I would only leave in the backends that I actually use.

> epkowa.conf
>
> usb 0x04b8 0x0130

That should be OK.

> I've created /etc/devfs.rules it was not present!
>
> With the line:
>
> add path 'usb/*' mode 0660

This means you'd have to be in the wheel or operator group to have access!
Either add a specific group that you are a member of, or use 0666.

You should also have a ruleset identifier in devfs.rules. Read devfs.rules(5).
And you'd have to activate the ruleset in /etc/rc.conf. After that it is best
to reboot to make sure all the changes are in effect.

Or you can test the scanner as root, like Warren said. Root has access to all
devices. Try running xscanimage from a terminal, and look at the error
messages, if any.

If scanning works as root but not as a normal user, it is probably a
permission problem.

Roland