fpc on FreeBSD?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Wed Dec 30 16:29:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 01:35:05 +1100 (EST), Ian Smith <smithi at nimnet.asn.au> wrote:
> Is fpc's IDE usable, like good ol' TP6 and 7, never mind Delphi?

Maybe you're interested in xwpe (X window programming environment)
which delivers quite a good look & feel of TP7 (DOS). There's
xwpe for X, and wpe for text mode. But I haven't used it for
many many years, so I can't say something about its current
state and development.

If I raise my head, I can see the "Borland TurboPascal 7" box
and manuals on the shelf above my CRT. The day I got it as a
present was the day I didn't code TP anymore, and switched
to C as my primary language. I hope nobody will give me a C
box as a present. :-) But it's okay, I deserved it, because
my TP coding was completely awful - obfuscation in its finest
form, completely unintended. :-)

init;bk(0);setpicardcolor(x0+x1+xk+ax(rs(r,10,12),qq[x])+q,f[q[ni],kk[i+1]);

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany