touch madness

Brad Mettee bmettee at pchotshots.com
Wed Dec 30 15:09:12 UTC 2009

Based on the man page for touch, it doesn't use the d/m/s flags.

Your line should be

touch -A -000430 filename.here

Which would be subtract 0 hours, 4 minutes and 30 seconds from current
time of the file. I created test file, checked time of it, subtracted N
minutes to make it even to the hour and it worked as described.