more on click-feedback.

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Mon Dec 28 22:48:24 UTC 2009

	The fellow who showed some interest in my need for some kybd
	feedback is a volunteer from Gallaudet U.  Altho it is "unlikely"
	that I'll get a free "XO" to hack on, the chances are better if I
	have some kind of team.

	The obvious "conflict"--if it can be called that--is that the XO
	is Red Hat.  Another thing is that I know virtually nothing about
	the Linux kernel.  With FBSD, I'm looking at the dev/* files I have
	to work with.  requests for Help on the Linux side are not
	necessary.

	Obviously, anything I come up with can very likely be ported to the
	Linux kernel if they want it.  I'm making no claim whatsoever on
	whatever kind of clicky thing I can hack.

	There are other ways of doing this, but I want the clicks to be
	available with or without X11.  xset.c relies on the Xlib stuff
	that I started hacking on in 1996; gave it up after six months.
	Bottom line is that my text-to-speech app should be usable from
	a cheap notebook without X to a clunky ThinkPad with/without X.

    The 7.79a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php