the system does not boot

gianrico.lamura at lamia.infm.it gianrico.lamura at lamia.infm.it
Mon Dec 28 19:10:50 UTC 2009

Dear Sir,

I have installed BSD 7.2 release. All the installation worked fine till the
first re-boot of the system.

The reboot gos fine until the end where it breaks:

"Warning: /usr was not properly dismounted.
Mounting /etc/fstab filesystems failed, startup aborted
ERROR: ABORTING BOOT (sendingSIGTERM to parent)!
Dec 28 19:43:06 init /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to
single user mode
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:"

when I press "return"

it displaysthe prompt
#_

the command xstart freezes and I have no desktop and to shut down I have to
press Ctrl Alt canc

the machine is :

Philips freevents X59, intel core 2 duo, 1G ram, 100 G hard disk.

I have chose the partioning suggested from the installation.

What should I do???

thnk you in advance for your help

Gianrico Lamura