TP-LINK wireless pci - ath(4) driver - Atheros chipsets => WAS: [mary.li@tp-link.com: RE:]

Anton Shterenlikht mexas at bristol.ac.uk
Sun Dec 27 10:35:55 UTC 2009

Below is the reply I received from TP-LINK about
chipsets in some of their pci wireless adapters.
This might be of interest to somebody who is buying
a pci wireless. My interest in Tp-link is because
there are hundreds of cards on sale at ebay.co.uk
at the moment.

However, I'm more confused by the reply than clarified. ath(4) man
page list these 4 chipsets as supported:
 Atheros AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, and AR5416

Only 5416 appears in the manuf. reply, and even that
is in a combination with another ath chip.
More specifically, can somebody comment whether

TL-WR851N: AR5416+AR2122
TL-WN651G/ TL-WN650G: AR2414
TL-WN350G: Atheros AR2417

will be supported by ath(4) driver, please.

In case it matters it will have to be run on sparc64.

many thanks
anton

----- Forwarded message from "mary.li" <mary.li at tp-link.com> -----

Dear Anton,

Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.

The chipsets of the adapters you mentioned are as below:
TL-WR851N: AR5416+AR2122
TL-WN651G/ TL-WN650G: AR2414
TL-WN353G: Realtek RTL8185L
TL-WN350G: Atheros AR2417

Hope the information will help you.

Any further help please feel free to let me know.
To get technical support quicker,please go to
http://www.tp-link.com/support/faq.asp
Best Regards
Mary.Li
Technical Support Engineer