I have mail, but where?

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Tue Dec 22 21:55:53 UTC 2009

Hello.

This evening something new appeared on my box.
When I open an xterm or a KDE shell, I get:
"You have 10 mail messages in /var/mail/."

This does not happen when I login on ttyvX.

Nothing mail related is on this box (apart from KMail and Thunderbird)
and "ls -l /var/mail" gives only zero size files, none of which is named
after me.

My home is NFS mounted on a mail server, but that uses Cyrus IMAP, so,
again, nothing relevant is in /var/mail even there.

Where do I look?

This is no stopper, but I'm just curious...

  bye & Thanks
	av.