Where is gfortran in FreeBSD 7.2 Release (i386)?

Jeff Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Mon Dec 21 21:14:25 UTC 2009

I've been trying to figure out where gfortran went since it doesn't appear in the /usr/ports collection in FreeBSD 7.2 (i386).

I need it to build plots of numerical "things" and use the following lots:

./configure \
 CC="gcc -arch i386" \
 CXX="g++ -arch i386" \
 OBJC="gcc -arch i386" \
 F77="gfortran -arch i386" \
 FC="gfortran -arch i386" \
 --with-python \
 --with-openssl

My web searches turn up lots of on-responses (i.e. you shouldn't be using fortran anway's it's dead...), and I seem to have gcc42 installed.

$ gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: i386-undermydesk-freebsd
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.2.1 20070719  [FreeBSD]
$

A little help please?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com