kernel panic on SATA drive

Alex codam at rambler.ru
Mon Dec 21 20:54:52 UTC 2009

Dear John,

Any progress for bellow?

I have the same problem with PCI SATA Controller ST-Lab A-173 Sil3512
It's not RAID, but when copying to HDD:
------------LOG---------------
ad6:FAILURE - device detached
g_vfs_done():ad6s1f[WRITE(offset=38007275520, length=131072)]error = 6
/usr: got error 6 while accessing filesystem
panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error
cpuid = 0
Uptime: 2m18s
Physical memory: 243 MB
Dumping 58 MB:unknown: timeout waiting to issue command
unknown: error issuing WRITE_DMA command

** DUMP FAILED (ERROR 5) **
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press any key on the console to abort

Brgrds,
Alex