[NOT SOLVED]Re: Loading kernel modules for virtualbox via script

Rolf Nielsen listreader at lazlarlyricon.com
Mon Dec 21 20:13:10 UTC 2009

Leslie Jensen wrote:

>> You where right! One of them loaded the other so problem solved :-)
>>
>> Thank you!
>
> You where right, but it's the wrong order!!!!
>
> They must be loaded in the reverse order.
>
> Sorry

This is purely empirical knowledge, and I can't back it up by
documentation. If module A requires module B to function, but not to
load, module B will be loaded after module A. Have you tried changing
which module you specifically load (i.e. if you now have module A
specified in loader.conf and module B is demand loaded, try removing
module and specify module B instead) to see if it reverses the order? It
probably won't, since that would imply circular dependencies, but I'd
try it anyway, if for nothing else, just to rule the possibility out.