How to enable network manager in KDE?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon Dec 21 18:05:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:46:48 -0500, "illoai at gmail.com" <illoai at gmail.com> wrote:
> Umm . . . yes?  But more seriously, FreeBSD is still
> very much a server operating system, [...]

Really? I'm using it exclusively on the desktop since
version 4.0, but okay... well... I'm completely insane. :-)

I found that FreeBSD is an excellent multi-purpose OS.
It runs well on servers, but on desktops, too, as well
as on "mixed forms" (e. g. desktops that provide some
server functionality).

Of course there are some "problems" getting things to
work on FreeBSD especially in the desktop setting, such
as ink-pee electrical paper sheet feeders and "Flash"
make-the-web-unusable stuff. :-)

FreeBSD is strong where other OSes are very week. As
a developer, this especially applied to DOCUMENTATION.
As far as I experienced, Linux is absolutely worse in
this field. Integrity, consistency and well-intended
layouts and principles (instead of arbitrary decisions
that vary with each release or distribution) are
another topic.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany