Loadbalance outgoing traffic over two cable modems in same network

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Mon Dec 21 04:04:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've looked over http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html but this assumes two
different gateways for the two interfaces.
I'm faced with two cable modems from the same ISP, with the same gateway. I
can't lagg(4) the interfaces, since specific IP's are bound to specific
modems.

So I'm wondering if using stick-address with a round-robin nat pool is really
sufficient to do load balancing of outgoing traffic and not get into session
problems with various protocols. Has anybody had similar experiences?
--
Mel