portupgrade and checksum mismatch

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Sun Dec 20 18:14:12 UTC 2009

Jamie Griffin wrote:

> been trying to portupgrade firefox3 for about a day but keep getting a
> checksum mismatch error and the build stops. What do I need to do to get
> it to upgrade?

Try deleting the firefox sources you downloaded previously and start again.
It seems your download somehow got corrupted:

     # cd /usr/ports/www/firefox35
     # make distclean
     # make install

If you still get a corrupted download, try fetching manually from one of the other
FTP sites (hint: make -v MASTER_SITES) or grab the tarball from
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/  -- then just put the source
tarball into /usr/ports/distfiles and restart the build.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
                                                  Kent, CT11 9PW