Geom not found, disaster recovery plan on FREEBSD 7.2 STABLE

Jeronimo Calvo jeronimocalvop at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 18 15:41:06 UTC 2009

Ho folks,

As a plan for a recovery planing due to a crash on a kernel Update,
when restarted I used to have F1 Freebsd and F2 Other, I choosed F2
wich seems to belong to an old linux installation and a Grub-error pop
up, after restarting again, Freebsd completly dissapear booting just
that Old-Crashed GRUB plan...

On an attempt to recover the normal behaviour I tried booting from a
Livecd and restore the freebsd boot loader MBR on my first disk doing:

Fixit# fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 ad8

seems to write the MBR but when is asking to overwrite the partition
table it is giving me an error:

Geom not found...

I tried several times, as well as using "fdisk -BI ad8" wich gives me
the same error...

Any ideas?

--
() ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Against HTML e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org  | Against proprietary extensions