is this getting out?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Fri Dec 18 06:07:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 02:58:43PM +0000, Bruce Cran wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:52:20 +0100
> Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
>
> > Gary,
> >
> > seems that my MX has problems with thought.org, that's why
> > I'm repeating my reply on the list, I hope you can receive
> > it this way.
> >
> > The MX said:
> >
> > 	<kline at thought.org>: Host or domain name not found.
> > 	Name service error for
> > 	name=ethic.thought.org type=A: Host not found
>
> It looks like the server is EHLO'ing as ethic.thought.org but is
> actually plato.thought.org.

	Yes, (*sigh*) || ($#@%%!!&#).  Exactly right.  Last friday I
	thought everything has been moved _off_ aristotle and that
	ethic was serving web and DNS>  Nope.  I made small but very
	nice edits to one of my jottings, then didn't see my edits via
	firefox [and lynx].  That set me off like a madman to figure
	out what was going on.  Sunday evening before everything was
	resolved.  Still not certain that everything is right or
	exactly where the problem was.  But aristotle is halted and I
	am back into learn mode.

	gary

    The 7.79a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php