slow clock on FreeBSD 7.2 on vmware

Steve Polyack korvus at comcast.net
Thu Dec 17 21:01:20 UTC 2009

On 12/16/09 12:53, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
>> I run multiple FreeBSD servers inside VMWare and I don't have this
>> problem. Are you running VMWare workstation? Or ESX/ESXi?
>
> I am running VMware Server 2.0...thanks again.

I would really recommend switching to VMware ESXi if at all possible.  I
have a lot of FreeBSD VMs running under ESXi 3.5 and 4.0 that work just
great with kern.hz=100 and openntpd.

We actually kept everything running on Linux+VMware Server 1.0 until we
could make the switch to ESXi; the VMware Server 2.0 product wasn't
reliable for us at all and was a total pain to manage.