Root exploit for FreeBSD

Rolf Nielsen listreader at lazlarlyricon.com
Sun Dec 13 00:23:04 UTC 2009

Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
>> Are you sure that OpenBSD has a better record?
>

> I found this for loose reference.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenBSD#Security_and_code_auditing
>
> I will say that even though on the surface OpenBSD appears to have a
> better track record security wise
> I tend to use FreeBSD for my desktop needs because of things like
> Nvidia Graphics (esp now that there is amd64 support)

Where's that? The Nvidia site says nothing about it yet, and the
makefile for x11/nvidia-driver still says ONLY_FOR_ARCHS=i386. I'm
eagerly waiting for it, but I can't find anything other than a forum
post (I don't have the address handy at this computer, but I know it's
somewhere in the mailing list archive) from Zander at Nvidia corporation
saying it's on its way.