A question about yell on a laptop

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Sat Dec 12 14:54:51 UTC 2009

Polytropon skrev:
> On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:20:42 +0100, Leslie Jensen <leslie at eskk.nu> wrote:
>> I have sound working but PC-speaker doesn't seem to be present.
>
> Do you have "device SPEAKER" in your kernel config,
> or have you loaded the appropriate kernel module?
>
> You can alway check it with something like
>
> 	# echo "cdefg" > /dev/speaker

Thanks for your answers. Yes, I do have the
/boot/loader.conf
speaker_load="YES"

That's what troubles me, I'm used to use Yell so I'm certain that my
config is ok. One thing I've been made aware of is that a laptop
computer maybe do not have a "speaker". Only a sound card will produce
sound in the speakers. Any comments on that?

/Leslie