googleearth complains about file instance-running-lock

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sat Dec 12 07:58:07 UTC 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> That's possible only if you are root. That's the most essential info.
> Please, annouce it everytime you have any error at the very beginning
> of an e-mail with capital letters.
>
> Never work as root. Never-never work as root under X.

I don't work as root. /compat/linux diectory is owned by my user, not
root, not sure why. This is a very, very old system. Upgraded many
times. That's how /compat/linux/home could get created. I can't
understand why skype would create it instead of using /home.

I guess that's a side effect of /compat/linux not being owned by root.

Yuri