googleearth complains about file instance-running-lock

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Fri Dec 11 23:17:21 UTC 2009

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> Please show me how can I repeat that case. Or at least show
> # ls -l /compat/linux

The problem is actually a bug (?) in googleearth, that it leaves the
lock file when it finishes ungracefully, and after it is restarted it
complains about this file without understanding that the previous
process is dead.

But it talks about /home/.... files, and it's confusing since it really
talks about /compat/linux/home/... files.

Now I found who creates /compat/linux/home. It's skype. After I delete
/compat/linux/home and relaunch skype it recreates it.

So maybe to prevent such things link /compat/linux/home -> /home should
be created by installer?

Yuri