XFCE4 Errors on FreeBSD 8.0 RELEASE

Diego Montalvo dmontalvo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 15:14:17 UTC 2009

Warren,

Got XFCE4 installed after a get amount of tweaking.  It turns out
Portsnap did not update all the appropriate files so installed
"portupgrade" and did a portupgrade glib.  Glib was not the current
version needed for "usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4". After the portupgrade
"make install clean" worked like a champ.

My "/etc/hosts" file was also missing the current domain so needed to
update that.

Was getting a "fbdev" error so downloaded
http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-fbdev and that
fixed that error.

Cheers,
Diego