Downloading and Burning Free BSD

Jacques Manukyan mlfreebsd at streamingedge.com
Fri Dec 11 14:44:40 UTC 2009

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 00:46:38 -0500, Roger Agraviador
<diminished5 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I clicked the ISO link and I was brought to a directory, this to be
> exact (
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/7.2/)
>
> Once I have downloaded all Iso Images do I burn the 'boot only.iso' file
> on
> one DVD or CD only? or do I burn that along with 'disc1.iso', and how do
> go about burning the rest of the files in that directory once I have
> downloaded them?

First off, welcome to FreeBSD. To add to what the others have stated, take
a look at http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.2R/announce.html

Basically, you would use the DVD image or if you only have a CD drive,
just 'disc1.iso'. If you need additional packages and don't have an
internet connection on the machine you are installing FreeBSD, then you
may want to get disc2 and disc3 as they contain other, third party,
packages ready for use with FreeBSD.

Hope that helps

--
Jacques Manukyan