What is proper process for source installs?

Jason jhelfman at e-e.com
Wed Dec 9 17:14:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 10:21:34PM -0600, Peter Steele thus spake:
>>Ah, you _probably_ want to do 'make release' -- I have no experience with this however to be much more help if that _is_ what you need.
>
>Didn't know about that one. I'll have to check it out--thanks.

I started out doing this a couple of months ago, and the project has been a
wealth of experience and knowledge, to say the least.

Once you are able to do manage building a release, you can actually build
your own update server and distribute binary updates on your custom kernel.
:)

-jgh