idled not disconnecting idle users on 7.2

Scott Schappell archon at silvertree.org
Wed Dec 9 15:56:08 UTC 2009

I liked using idled on 4.11 to kick off idle users as it allowed me to specify which users can stay connected indefinitely, whereas sshd_config options ClientAliveCountMax 0 and ClientAliveInterval 60 would kick everyone off after an hour. I do have a couple of users that have a legitimate need to keep their SSH tunnel open as long as they need it.

However, on 7.2 idled logs that it's disconnecting a user for idle, but it doesn't actually  happen. Is there a kernel parameter or something other than idled that does the same thing (namely excluding users or groups from being idled disconnected)?

Thanks!

Scott