won't boot after 8.0-RELEASE upgrade

Ivo Karabojkov ivo at kit-bg.com
Tue Dec 8 22:09:17 UTC 2009

I have no problems with the hardware. In fact neither Release notes nor
UPDATING says anything about my possible (and actually occured) problems.
The only thing is:
“dangerously dedicated” mode for the UFS file system is no longer supported.
I never supposed that I'm using this mode. I format disks and install with
sysinstall without any special tuning for fdisk or disklabel. I prefer
standard options to ensure smooth future upgrades. So I'd like to know how
to distinguish mode of my current filesystems - is it standard or
dangerously dedicated?