named needs restart after a reboot

Derrick Ryalls ryallsd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 19:17:54 UTC 2009

Greetings,

uname:

FreeBSD example.com 8.0-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p1 #0: Sun Dec
6 11:23:52 PST 2009     ryallsd at example.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FRODO
 amd64

I have most things working, but I have noticed that every time I
reboot the machine, I need to manually restart named to get it
listening on the proper interfaces as by default it is listening on
127.0.0.1 interfaces only.  A simple /etc/rc.d/named restart fixes it
which seems like it would be configured correctly, but I have had to
do this on a install before.

Anyone have a guess as to what could be wrong?

Thanks.