set up of hp laserjet 2200dn with Jetdirect 610N on network

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Tue Dec 8 11:11:37 UTC 2009

> Hi David,
>
> > Despite reading the documentation I seem to be having difficulty setting
> > up the printer from the server. So far I have not been able to get the
> > beast to print-- I have scrapped all attempts at configuring the server
> > and would appreciate some guidance before I trying again!!
>
> Maybe you should tell us what facility you are trying to configure:
> configuring cups or lpd is not exactly the same same.
>
> I have had success for many years, with many models of HP printers,
> through a Perl script, used as output filter for lpd, the script would
> connect to the printer on TCP port 9100.
>
> Bests,
>
> Olivier

Hi Olivier

Thanks for taking the time to come back to me.

I really do not mind which facility to use provided I get the results!!!
<chuckles>. I do need to use as many of the printer features as possible.
I have  enable the following:
      IPP Printing     : Enabled
      FTP Printing     : Enabled
      LPD Printing     : Enabled
      9100 Printing    : Enabled
      SLP Config       : Enabled
      EWS Config       : Enabled

So I should be able to use a similar approach to you. Is the script readily
available and what do I need to do to install and configure it?

Thanks again

David

David