8.0-RELEASE-i386-memstick fixit - No USB devices found!

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Mon Dec 7 13:47:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 7 Dec 2009, Derek (freebsd lists) wrote:
 > Ian Smith wrote:
 > >
 > > Options / Rescan Devices fixed it for me.  Maybe it will for Derek
 > > and/or maybe provide another clue?
 >
 > Indeed this works for me.  I've added a follow-up to the PR.
 >
 > Thanks for the tip!

Good to hear.

Randi, thanks for your detailed response.  Picked up the 'flu visiting
Sydney and have been well out of it; hoping for a little energy soon.

If nothing else, might adding a quick "(try Options/Rescan Devices)" to
the "No USB devices" message text help some folks out of this quandary?

cheers, Ian