Upgrade problem 6.1 -> 6.4

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat Dec 5 06:06:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 10:56:19PM -0600, Adam Vande More wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:44 PM, Alex de Kruijff <freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl>wrote:
>

> > I wanted to upgrade to 8.0 to take advantage of the USB code. I've run
> > in to a compile problem going grom 6.1 to 6.2.0. I've copied sys/dev/twa
> > from 7.0 in to the source of 6.2. Without this source it will not boot.
> >

> I am unclear as to your goal.  Seems like you want 8.0 but reference
> building 6.2 source.  Why is that?

/usr/src/UPDATING says:

When upgrading from one major version to another it is generally best to
upgrade to the latest code in the currently installed branch first, then
do an upgrade to the new branch. This is the best-tested upgrade path,
and has the highest probability of being successful. Please try this
approach before reporting problems with a major version upgrade.

Since 6.4 didn't work I tried 6.2

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.