malformed man pages

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Dec 4 11:15:13 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:50:31 +0800 Sagara Wijetunga wrote:

> We have an issue on Tomahawk Desktop (an upcoming FreeBSD-based
> distro) that all man pages malformed.

What is the base FreeBSD version?

> Eg. man tar shows as follows:
> 1mNAME0m
>     1mtar 22m-- format of tape archive files

> 1mDESCRIPTION0m
>     The 1mtar 22marchive format collects any number of files,
> directories, and

What are your terminal, locale, fonts?

> What have we missed?

Well, there were good old days ;-) when the grass was green
and manual pages were written in plain ASCII. Those days
passed, welcome to the shiny future. Manual pages have
colors, belts and whistles and can be viewed only at xterm
and with some fonts.

*sign* bsam, who used a copy-n-paste from DISKLESS(8) and
lost nfs connectivity.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve