authdaemond issues / breakage after upgrade to 8.0

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 11:19:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:38:23 -0800
Corey Chandler <lists at sequestered.net> replied:

>I recently upgraded from FreeBSD 7.2 to 8.0.  This resulted in a
>strange error with authdaemond (part of the Courier imap package, used
>to authenticate users) when used in conjunction with postfix; I've
>rebuilt all of the packages, but the config they're using has worked
>since the 6.0 days.
>
>I attempt to send a message using SASL and get the following in my
>logs (passwords and hashes have been consistently redacted; nothing
>else has been altered):

I believe I saw some chatter regarding SASL and FreeBSD-8.0 a while ago
on the SASL forum. I know that there is a problem that Wietse Venema
(Postfix) has with 8.0 and created a hack to correct. I don't believe
it has anything to do with SASL though. You might want to try the
cyrus-sasl2 list: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/sasl/ or the Postfix forum.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

It destroys one's nerves to be amiable every day to the same human
being.

	Benjamin Disraeli