bash script question

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Dec 1 23:13:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 11:02:07PM +0100, Rolf G Nielsen wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 10:42:10PM +0100, Polytropon wrote:
> >>That's a very good advice. Using sh is strongly recommended
> >>for maximal portability. Use sh if you're not requiring
> >>features that are bash-only.
> >>

> >	Hi guys,
> >
> >	Here's a bash-related question, kind-of.  Is there any way to
> >	automagically run my .csrhc thru a script and wind up with a
> >	bash script?
> >
> >	gary
> >

> >>--
> >>Polytropon
> >>Magdeburg, Germany
> >>Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0
> >>Andra moi ennepe, Mousa, ...
> >

> If by "Is there any way" you mean "is it possible", the answer would
> have to be yes. The next question is most likely "has anyone written
> such a script?" and to that question, someone else will have to provide
> the answer.
>
> Rolf Nielsen

	(sheepishly, and hanging my head) yes.  does anybody have a
	csh/cshrc-alias to a bash/bashrc-alias script?  i've got
	hundreds of aliases to be just deleted, i suppose, by dozens
	more.

	[ ---- ]

	{ please, sur, might i have more to eat? i'm hungry... { beg, contrition... .} }

    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php