how to remove HAL dependencies in gnome2

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Tue Dec 1 20:01:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009, at 12:41:07 -0600, Derek Ragona wrote:
> I source upgraded a server from 7.2 release to 8.0 release.  In
> trying to rebuild all the ports, HAL is broken and won't compile.  If
> I try to make config on most of those ports there is no HAL in the
> config.  How do I get rid of these dependencies so I can get the last
> of the ports rebuilt?  These ports all seem to be part of gnome2.

Hi.

I'm not sure why it wasn't more clearly announced as being required
for the 8.0 upgrade specifically, however following the 20090309 entry
in /usr/ports/UPDATING (mainly removing the libusb port) should allow
HAL to build again.

Hope that helps,

-Mark

--
Internet Radio:
Party107 (Trance/Electronic) - http://www.party107.com

IRC:
MIXXnet IRC Network - irc.mixxnet.net (Nick: MarkK)