ntpdate on FreeBSD 8.0

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Tue Dec 1 12:39:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 06:25:45 -0600 Franci Nabalanci wrote:

> I was not lucky. No one suggestions works. Maybe was wrong something with my
> installation CD? But thanks anywhere. I reinstalled FreeBSD 7.2 and it works
> without errors and very good.

It works for me at LAN, but I didn't manage to sync time by
ntpdate at start time either when using PPPoE at my friends home.
Seems that the network interface/something else is not
ready at the time ntpdate fires. May be setting:
-----
rc_debug="YES"
-----
at /etc/rc.conf[.local] will be helpful.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve