ATI HD 4550 xorg.conf "radeon" driver

Jeronimo Calvo jeronimocalvop at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 29 15:11:31 UTC 2009

Hi folks!!!

Homework done!

updated to STABLE 7.2:

uname -a:

[iscariote@ /usr/home/iscariote]$ uname -a
FreeBSD  7.2-STABLE FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #1: Sat Aug 29 15:04:29 UTC 2009
root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64
[iscariote@ /usr/home/iscariote]$

Installed radeonhd from radeonhd:

/usr/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-radeonhd<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-radeonhd/>

after this, i edited my /etc/X11/Xorg.conf

editing that line:

[iscariote@ /usr/home/iscariote]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep radeonhd
    Driver
"radeonhd"<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/x11-drivers/xf86-video-radeonhd/>

after, i did install glxgears ant runned:

Seems to be working fine, the gears run smothly...

But... When I try to set up the effects on gnome... the option still not
available...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!