Trying to make a mirror for a disconnected lab

Brian A. Seklecki seklecki at noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us
Fri Aug 28 17:38:16 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 22:20 -0400, Duncan Hutty wrote:

> Q. ports/distfiles contains tarballs of multiple versions of each
> software; I assume that I only need one version of each tarball. And
> since this mirror as described comes to ~100GiB, how can I modify my

For this you want portsclean(8) "-D" argument.  Prunes out
unused/unneeded distfiles.

There's probably a way to do it with rsync based on date or whatnot; but
it gets tricky.  Every iteration of your sync script will bring back
what you prune out.

  Q. ports/distfiles contains tarballs of multiple versions of each
  software; I assume that I only need one version of each tarball.
  And since this mirror as described comes to ~100GiB, how can I modify
  my rsync filter so I don't get anything more than either the latest
  tarball for each software package in distfiles or whichever version
   accords to the Makefiles provided by ports.tgz

~BAS