CD writing fails on P6T motherboard with Pioneer cdwriter

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Fri Aug 28 01:05:06 UTC 2009

Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Hi,
>
> you are using an _extremely_ outdated version of cdrtools.
>
> Upgrade to a recent cdrtools version
>
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
>
> If you still have problems with writing this audio CD,
> try to write in -raw96r mode. The pioneer drives have some strange
> firmware limitations and cannot write some Cds due to a broken memory layout
> in the firmware of the writer.
>
> Jörg

Yes, I used cdrtools 2.01 from FreeBSD ports which is from ~2004.
For some reason all more recent version all labeled as 'alphas'.

Upgrading to Cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD-Clone 2.01.01a62 didn't help.

Adding -raw96r option causes this error message:
cdrecord: SAO RAW writing only makes sense in clone mode.
And adding -clone on top of that causes this error message:
cdrecord: SAO RAW writing not yet implemented.

Yuri