Problem syncing Palm TX with jpilot on FreeBSD 8.0-BETA3

Tony McC afmcc at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 26 18:21:01 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am running FreeBSD 8.0-BETA3 amd64 and am having trouble syncing my
Palm TX with jpilot.  This used to work with 7.2-STABLE amd64 and I
suspect I'm just not using the usb: connection correctly but have not
been able to find a solution by searching the archives.

I am running a custom kernel with "device uvisor" commented out, though
the same problem occurs if I recompile with uvisor included.

When I plug in the Palm TX I get the following at the end of dmesg
output:

	ugen0.4: <Palm, Inc.> at usbus0
	ugen0.4: <Palm, Inc.> at usbus0 (disconnected)

If I tell jpilot to sync with a Palm at usb: I get the following error
message:

	dlp_OpenConduit() failed
	Sync canceled
	Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_OPEN_CONDUIT
	Finished.

I also have the following in my /etc/devfs.rules:

	add path 'ugen*' unhide mode 0660 group operator

and I am a member of the operator group.

What should I set to get hotsync working?

Thanks all in anticipation,
Tony