what www perl script is running?

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Tue Aug 25 10:47:09 UTC 2009

Olivier Nicole wrote:

>> Am I correct in assuming that my system has been hacked and I am running
>> an
>> IRC server or something?
>
> IRC client at least. And yes, I would think that your system has been
> compromised.

Thanks Olivier.

I am currently killing the process with the following bash command while I
decide what to do next:

$ while x=1 ; do sudo killall -9 perl5.8.9  && echo "killed..." ; sleep 15;
done

I suppose this calls for a "bare-metal" reinstall.

Is it worth first trying to determine how my system was broken into?

-----
  Colin Brace
  Amsterdam
  http://lim.nl