netbooks for freebsd?

Jeff Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Mon Aug 24 12:45:33 UTC 2009

thanks.

i've looked at both an acer and lenovo models and like the lenovo
model better.

as for linux... no way.. had too many hack experiences during the
early years. that's why i made the switch to bsd. i would like to make
my own port (super-port?), build a distro, and dump it onto a machine.
haven't tested on virtual machine yet, but think that would be the
smartest method.

thanks again.

On Aug 23, 2009, at 11:39 AM, illoai at gmail.com wrote:

> 2009/8/19 Jeff Hamann <jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com>:
>> I would like to try some experimental software on a netbook. Can
>> somebody
>> recommend a netbook that can do FreeBSD.
>>

> Late to the discussion, sorry I can't give positive
> advice, but:
>
> I can explicity UNADVISE the eeee(ee?)pc 1005ha
>
> Networking (atheros 9285, iirc) might work under
> ndis, wired (I forget which chipset) doesn't work.
>
> I put ubuntu on it, and even _that_ took some hacks.
>
> --
> --

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com